|By Jayaram Krishnaswamy||
|February 4, 2015 10:30 AM EST||
Amazon Is Seriously Challenged By Microsoft
AWS was in the premier position having had a head start of more than 4 years in the cloud related business. The lowering of prices by Microsoft; a new CEO; an emphasized bet on the cloud have all contributed to Microsoft Azure's adoption by the enterprises. One of the reasons for this being the better tooling; the variety of applications and services; and not-for-Windows only shift have all contributed.
Microsoft brought in a lot of enhancements that should prove this advantage Microsoft has gained further. The storage options with SSDs and the rapid, multifaceted updates to its Azure cloud computing platform are all very attractive for enterprises.
One of the reasons that Microsoft can challenge AWS is in the attractive storage options.Azure Premium Storage Disks is in public preview since December 2014.
With Azure Premium Storage Disks there are two types of durable storage, Premium and Standard.
Premium Storage highlights
Delivers high performance, low latency of IO intensive workloads on Azure Virtual Machines up to a total of 32TB/Virtual Machine and 50000 IOPs.
You can sign up for Azure Premium Storage at the Azure Preview Portal here:
- Cloud Academy to Exhibit at @CloudExpo | @CloudRank #AWS #Docker #Azure
- Outlyer Named “Bronze Sponsor” of @CloudExpo | @OutlyerApp #AI #DevOps
- [session] #Serverless Web Apps | @CloudExpo @ChrisMunns #SDN #DevOps
- [slides] The Right #AWS Services | @CloudExpo @BMCSoftware #TrueSight
- Cloud Wars: Is 2017 the Year of the Cloud Land Grab? | @CloudExpo #AWS #Azure #Cloud
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- The Future of Cloud Computing: Industry Predictions for 2012
- Cloud Expo 2011 New York Expands Technical Program
- Bye Bye Command Line; Amazon Releases Its AWS Web Console
- 5th Cloud Expo in New York: Themes & Topics
- Opinion: Who Made Amazon the Judge of What's Legal on the Web?
- Cloud Computing Bootcamp Returns to Silicon Valley
- Cloud Computing Economics - Amazon EC2 vs Terremark v Cloud Express
- Cloud BI & Amazon VPC