|By Yeshim Deniz||
|July 31, 2015 10:15 PM EDT||
Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced enhanced support for Amazon AWS, allowing IT security and DevOps teams to automate activity and configuration monitoring, anomaly detection, and orchestrated remediation, thereby meeting compliance mandates within complex infrastructure deployments.
"Monitoring and threat detection for AWS is a non-trivial task. While Amazon's flexible environment facilitates successful DevOps implementations, it adds another layer, which can become a target for potential threats. What's more, securing infrastructure and meeting compliance mandates is not all up to Amazon and should be a shared responsibility with the organization using it," said Rohit Gupta, co-founder and CEO of Palerra. "We have supported AWS since day one and are thrilled to announce we are expanding our support to provide holistic visibility across complex AWS deployments consisting of diverse infrastructure resources globally."
With support for core AWS Services such as AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, and AWS CloudFormation, LORIC takes a comprehensive approach to securing a rich array of Amazon AWS infrastructure including Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Identity and Access Management (IAM), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Elastic Block Store (EBS) and Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), among others.
LORIC for AWS features include:
- Threat Detection: Automatically analyzes user behavior to identify insider threats and hacks, removing the need for manual forensics.
- Privileged User/Administration Monitoring: Monitors individuals with advanced privileges that may intentionally or accidentally introduce risks through actions such as privilege grants, role sharing, unauthorized federation, and changing firewall rules, for example.
- Fine-Grained Activity Monitoring: Comprehensive library of monitoring policies delivering real-time notifications on user-activities, or resource-changes that may introduce risks, such as a deletion of an EC2 instance or EBS block, for example.
- Configuration Monitoring: Automatic configuration tracking and reinstating predefined values in the event of configuration drift in critical components such as network access control lists and security groups, removing the need for manual audits.
- Usage Visibility: Analytics and early indicators of risk to gain insights into usage and improve operational efficiencies, such as visibility into third-party access of an Amazon AWS environment for example.
- Pre-built Compliance Reports: Rich set of compliance reports around core AWS artifacts including SSH and IAM key management, authentication and password management.
- Automated Incident Response: Automatically logs incidents and executes remedial actions to ensure incidents are addressed immediately.
In addition to Amazon AWS, LORIC monitors enterprise cloud services including Salesforce, Box, Microsoft® Office 365 and ServiceNow, and promotes the security of these services through a single pane of glass.
To learn more about LORIC:
- Visit us online at www.palerra.com
- Join the conversation on Twitter at https://twitter.com/palerrainc
- Visit us at booth 450 at AWS Summit, New York City
- Palerra on AWS Marketplace
Register FREE Before Friday! ▸ Here
Your registration includes:
▸ DevOps sessions
▸ Containers sessions
▸ Microservices sessions
The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California - will expand the DevOps community, enable a wide sharing of knowledge, and educate delegates and technology providers alike. Recent research has shown that DevOps dramatically reduces development time, the amount of enterprise IT professionals put out fires, and support time generally. Time spent on infrastructure development is significantly increased, and DevOps practitioners report more software releases and higher quality.
DevOps Summit 2015 Silicon Valley
(November 3-5, 2015, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA)
DevOps Summit 2016 New York
(June 7-9, 2016, Javits Center, Manhattan)
Photo: @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, November 2014
Speaking Proposals Open
The 5th International @DevOpsSummit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo - being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss.
Submit your speaking proposal today! ▸ Here
Sponsorship Opportunities Open
@DevOpsSummit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world.
Sponsor @DevOpsSummit ▸ Here
Download Show Prospectus ▸ Here
DevOps Summit Power Panel | Balancing the Three Pillars of DevOps
In this @DevOpsSummit Power Panel - moderated by Andi Mann (founder of @Sageable) - Shannon Williams, co-founder of Rancher Labs; Haseeb Budhani, co-founder and CEO of Soha; and Dalibor Siroky, Director and co-founder atPlutora; discussed how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations might slip up with the wrong focus, how to manage change and risk in all three areas, what is possible and what is not, where to start, and especially how new structures, processes, and technologies can help drive a new DevOps culture.
Microservices & IoT Power Panel at @DevOpsSummit
Buzzword Alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong?
In this Power Panel at @DevOpsSummit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, president of Intellyx, panelists Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at Akana; Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks; and Troy Topnik, ActiveState's Technical Product Manager; and Otis Gospodnetić, founder of Sematext; peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem filling in your buzzword bingo cards.
SYS-CON.tv Interviews By Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff
Otis Gospodnetic of Sematext ▸ Video
Dalibor Siroky of Plutora ▸ Video
Charles Kendrick of Isomorphic Software ▸ Video
Jeremy Steinert of WSM International ▸ Video
Site 24x7 (@Site24x7) booth at @DevOpsSummit New York
Containers & Microservices Expo To Be Colocated with @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, November 3-5, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, CA
SYS-CON Events announced on June 9, 2015 at the Javits Center that the 2nd "Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA, and the "Third Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 7-9, 2016, at Javits Center in New York City.
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Microservices focuses on the business and technology of the software architecture design pattern, in which complex applications are composed of small, independent processes communicating with each other using language-agnostic APIs.
Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda.
Rather than just stuff an OS into a container, for example, developers and deployers should consider a spectrum of microservices and what they can do.
New York and Silicon Valley Sponsors and Exhibitors
During our last New York and Silicon Valley events, over 12,000 (audited) delegates registered and participated in the world's largest DevOps, Containers, and Microservices show, colocated with Cloud Expo. Our conference delegates met with over 150 of the world's leading technology pioneers that were among the sponsors and exhibitors, including:
@DevOpsSummit New York (June 9-11, 2015) Actifio Booth at the Javits Center
Acision, Actifio, ActiveState, AgilePoint, AIC , Akana, AlertLogic, Ambernet, Amplidata, Apacer Memory America Inc., Appcore, AppDynamics, AppZero, Aria Systems, Arista Networks, Automic, Avere Systems, Axis Communications, B2CLOUD, Basic6, Bestwebdesignagencies.com, Bitium, Blue Box , BMC, BroadSoft, Brother , Bsquare, BUMI, CA, Inc., Calm.io, CenturyLink, Ciqada, CiRBA, Cisco, Cloudant, an IBM Company, Cloudian, CoalFire, CodeFutures, COLUMN Technologies, CommVault, connect2.me, Connected Data, CrashPlan/Code42, Creative Business Solutions , Cynny Italia S.r.l, Dasher, dcVAST, DEAC, Dell, DevOps.com, Distrix , DragonGlass, Dyn, Edgecast , ElasticBox, Emcien, Endstream Communications/Open Data Centers, EnterpriseDB, e-SignLive, by Silanis, Esri, Evident.io, FierceDevOps, FireHost, Genband, Gigamon, GoodData, Gridstore, Harbinger Group , IAPP, IBM, IDenticard Access Control, Imperva,
SYS-CON Media CEO Carmen Gonzalez (@GonzalezCarmen) at the Javits Center, Manhattan the day before @DevOpsSummit New York 2015 opens
IndependenceIT, Infor, InMage, Innodisk, Intelligent Systems, Isomorhpic , ITinvolve, iwNetworks, Ixia, iXsystems , Jelastic, Kintone, KOTRA , Liaison, Litmus Automation, MangoApps, Matrix.org, MediaTek Labs, MetraTech (now part of Ericsson), Microsoft, Navisite, Net Access , Nimble Storage, NuoDB, Inc., Objectivity, OMG, Open Data Centers, OpenCrowd, Optimal Design, Oracle, OutSystems, Parasoft, Peak10, Peer 1 Hosting, PluralSight, Plutora, ProfitBricks, PubNub, Quality Technology Services , Quantum, Qubell, RackWare , Rancher Labs, Red Hat, r-evolutionapp , RingStor, Robomq.io, SafeLogic, SAP, ScaleMP, Seagate, Secure Infrastructure & Services, Sematext , SendGrid , Serena Software, Sherweb, SimpleECM, Site 24x7, Smartvue Corporation, SOASTA, SoftLayer, an IBM Company, SoftwareAG, Soha, Solgenia, SPAN Systems, Spirent, StackIQ, Stateless Networks, Storpool, Stratogent, Stratoscale, Supermicro, SUSE, Tau Institute, Telecity, Telehouse, Telestax, The New York Times , The Vision Times, TierPoint, TMCnet, Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium, Tufin, Ulunsoft, Utimaco, VASCO Data Security, Veeam, Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Vicom Computer Services, VictorOps, Virtustream, VITRIA Technology, Vormetric, WHOA.com, Will Jaya, Windstream, WSM - Website Movers International, Zentera Systems, Zerto.
Two @DevOpsSummit New York faculty mebers, Docker's John Willis (@botchagalupe) with Docker's Jerome Petazzoni (@jpetazo) on the expo floor
Rancher Labs booth at @DevOpsSummit New York was packed for three days
About SYS-CON Media & Events
SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com) has since 1994 been connecting technology companies and customers through a comprehensive content stream - featuring over forty focused subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security - interwoven with market-leading full-scale conferences produced by SYS-CON Events. The company's internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Expo® (@CloudExpo), Big Data Expo® (@BigDataExpo), DevOps Summit(@DevOpsSummit), @ThingsExpo® (@ThingsExpo), Containers Expo (@ContainersExpo) and Microservices Expo (@MicroservicesE).
Cloud Expo®, Big Data Expo® and @ThingsExpo® are registered trademarks of Cloud Expo, Inc., a SYS-CON Events company.
- [slides] The Right #AWS Services | @CloudExpo @BMCSoftware #TrueSight
- Announcing @CloudRank to Exhibit at @CloudExpo | #AWS #Docker #Azure
- Cloud Academy to Exhibit at @CloudExpo | @CloudRank #AWS #Docker #Azure
- Outlyer Named “Bronze Sponsor” of @CloudExpo | @OutlyerApp #AI #DevOps
- [slides] The Right #AWS Services | @CloudExpo @BMCSoftware #TrueSight
- [slides] #SecOps in Cloud | @CloudExpo @BMCSoftware #AI #ML #DevOps
- [session] #Serverless Web Apps | @CloudExpo @ChrisMunns #DevOps #Docker
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- The Future of Cloud Computing: Industry Predictions for 2012
- Cloud Expo 2011 New York Expands Technical Program
- Bye Bye Command Line; Amazon Releases Its AWS Web Console
- 5th Cloud Expo in New York: Themes & Topics
- Opinion: Who Made Amazon the Judge of What's Legal on the Web?
- Cloud Computing Bootcamp Returns to Silicon Valley
- Cloud Computing Economics - Amazon EC2 vs Terremark v Cloud Express
- Cloud BI & Amazon VPC